WhatsApp is the most common messaging platform but probably you have no idea that it has upgraded hence there is new version referred to as WhatsApp Web Version on PC/Mac. Has it ever occurred to you of what life would be like without communication? Communication is what makes life go round. It is for this reason that WhatsApp has upgraded and earlier this year released the web version to counter the common use of Bluestacks emulator that you have had to download and install if you want to upload WhatsApp messenger on you PC.
Basically with the earlier version of WhatsApp, you could send voice notes, share video, photos and messages with anyone regardless of their location. By the way WhatsApp so far is the cheapest and the most convenient way of messaging. This is because if you have upgraded the version you have, you will be able to know when the message has been read by the recipient. Never the less the Web version it means, there is much more that you can achieve. You can treat it like an extension of your mobile device since all your conversations are still live. The beauty of the WhatsApp Web Version on PC/Mac is that you need not to download anything; say emulators either for PC‘s or laptops. However, there are those requirements that you must have.
[button icon=heart]Requirements for using WhatsApp Web Version on PC/Mac[/button]
- Your device needs not to be a Windows phone, Blackberry, Android or iOS like it is the case with the earlier version. What is most important is that it can support and scan QR code recording. This is the only assurance you have into being able to use the WhatsApp Web Version on PC/Mac. However iPhone is not supported in all this.
[info]If your phone don’t have this option use this method: WhatsApp on Laptop[/info]
- If the above does not work, then you have the option of using the WhatsApp on Laptop method whereby you are required to download from App Store the recently available version of WhatsApp.
- It is a requirement that you have Google Chrome installed into your PC or MAC for you to obtain and be able to use this WhatsApp Web Version on PC/Mac.
Note. Any downloading that is required of you is highly dependent on the speed of your internet bandwidth. Otherwise if your Smartphone is using limited data plan, then you will not achieve much.
Unlimited Wi – Fi will serve the purpose. So far and from the latest records WhatsApp Web Version on PC/Mac has been well received besides receiving various accolades from different users.[/warning]
Besides, you need to know that the WhatsApp Web Version on PC/Mac supports only the use of Google Chrome unlike unlike the use of Firefox and Internet Explorer which more often than not have not been approved by the IT environments. Google Chrome is currently competing with Facebook and has made life much better for the serial chatters.
In the normal WhatsApp version, it is possible for you to create your own groups and as many as you would wish to. However for WhatsApp Web Version on PC/Mac it will not be possible for you to create groups and neither can you exit from the ones that you have already joined.
How to get WhatsApp Web Version on PC/MaC
We now know that we don’t need to download any emulators either for the PC or even a laptop. However the following are the steps you shall use into using WhatsApp Web Version on PC/Mac.
- From your Google Chrome which is already installed on your PC or MAC, visit https://web.whatsapp.com/. The issue of the OS should not bother you at all.
- A QR CODE will be presented to you right on the web browser.
- Once you see this, open your WhatsApp messenger on your Smartphone and check out on the “options” icon.
- Click on the WhatsApp web and the next thing you will see is the scanning screen for QR code.
- Go ahead into scanning the code that you will see on the Google Chrome. Once the scanning is completed, what you should get next are your WhatsApp conversation and which should appear on the Google Chrome browser.
- You are done and probably you want to sign out from WhatsApp Web. It’s easy. On your device, you will go to options then to WhatsApp web and finally click on the sign out icon
This is the best thing that has happened to many this year. It has made life much better and communicating more affordable. You need not to be on a high profile device to communicate. Besides, the steps being used are not complicated and you need not to go through any indirect procedure of downloading this and that. I would encourage those who are have still not uploaded the WhatsApp Web Version on PC/Mac to try it and see what it has to offer.